Diligent scouting and application timing are essential for effective disease management. Adding AccuDrop™ to fungicide programs helps lower risk and increases flexibility on timing given our recent weather conditions.
Host + Pathogen + Environment = Disease
The longer those three factors are together, the more diseases will occur.
- Due to recent weather trends and later planted crops, disease pressure is likely.
- Scout corn and soybean fields regularly for disease symptoms.
- More than one fungicide application may be needed in environments with high disease pressure.
- Corn fungicide applications at V5 can help control early season diseases.
Early Corn Diseases:
Anthracnose leaf blight (V2 – V8)
Eyespot (V6 – R4)
Goss’s Wilt (VE – R6)
Early Soybean Diseases:
Bacterial blight (V2 – R6)
Phyllosticta leaf spot (V5 – R6)
Septoria brown spot (V2 – R6)
- Foliar diseases are often not an issue until R3 (beginning pod) growth stage.
- Fungicide application in soybeans differ from corn because there is more leaf development after application.