ECB populations remain generally low however, scattered reports of feeding on conventional corn indicates the pest is still present and will always pose a potential threat.
- In 2019 the early and late-planted conventional fields will be most attractive to egg-laying 1st and 2nd generation moths.
- ECB can produce 2 and sometimes 3 larval generations per season depending on GDU accumulation.
- Risk of yield loss can be reduced if you scout fields and apply a labeled insecticide as needed.
- Larvae are susceptible to insecticides for 10-14 days during each generation
- Water volume is critical with insecticide applications and presence of heavy dew enhances performance.